BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dode
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello

I am using survey data, complex design survey called HRS data. I wan use linear regression but need help someone to look at my outcome after I did the log transformation  with my main predictor.  I have attached the pdf

I want someone see this and tell whether its good to go and do linear regression

11 REPLIES 11
Reeza
Super User

Do you have repeated data of some kind? Did you standardize your predictors?

dode
Fluorite | Level 6
why would I need to standardize my predictors ? do you mean adjust for them ?
Reeza
Super User

Sorry, standardize your independent variables

dode
Fluorite | Level 6
sorry still I don't get that, why I need to standardize my independent variable? I am not looking at interaction here. to what I know is that I only standardize my independent variable in cease I want look at the interaction.
can you explain how I standardize it ?
Reeza
Super User

Why standardize your independent? 

What happens if one variable is in the 10,000 range and one is around 10? 

The biggest concern that popped up for me is that all the predictions are around 2. The range seems very very narrow.

dode
Fluorite | Level 6

would be ok if I got your skype id to communicate there easily ?

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi dode,

Welcome to the community! I understand that it may be easier to directly communicate about your scenario, but I encourage you to think it through here on the public community so everyone can benefit. Other members may have similar questions, and will be interested in how you work it out.

All the best,

Anna

Reeza
Super User

@dode wrote:

would be ok if I got your skype id to communicate there easily ?

Not unless you're paying me, and my consulting rates start at $100/hour 🙂

Otherwise, all discussions need to remain on here. 

dode
Fluorite | Level 6
so dose that mean, I should not use linear regression in this case?
dode
Fluorite | Level 6
how i figure out what is the problem ? how I fix it ?
Reeza
Super User

You're not asking for programming help here, you're asking for statistical advice/methodology. There's a little less of that on this forum and I'm probably not the best person to answer anyways. 

I've moved your question (and edited the title to correct for spelling mistakes) to the Statistical Procedures forum which is more appropriate. 

I would also suggest you review the assumptions for linear regression and determine if it's appropriate for your data. You can also post this on Cross Validated, which is specifically designed for these types of question, but make sure to elaborate your question, including your hypothesis and context of the question may help. Otherwise you're likely to have your question down-voted and rejected. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation