BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dode
Fluorite | Level 6

i am using proc surveyreq because my data is survey data (complex survey design) i am using (health and retirement study data).

The code is below but the problem is when i run the code, i can see a note in the result section that seems that something is wrong,

proc surveyreg data=transform;

class a4dl i4adl gender m4s yearsofedu i4ncome race h7ealth c7over h4osstay c4ondition d4ep l4iving;

model logc4omp= R7COGTOT R7AGEY_B gender m4s yearsofedu i4ncome race h7ealth c7over h4osstay c4ondition d4ep l4iving a4dl i4adl / solution adjrsq;/*putt all of the here cont and cata*/

cluster raehsamp;

strata raestrat;

weight r7wtresp;

output out=surveyreg r=r p=p;

/*proc gplot data= surveyreg; plot r*p;*/

run;

this is what i see, do i ignore it or i need to fix something ?

Note:

The denominator degrees of freedom for the t tests is 52.
Matrix X'WX is singular and a generalized inverse was used to solve the normal equations. Estimates are not unique."

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

You have too many variables and not enough observations.

Each categorical variable counts as Number of Categories -1 for the number of variables in the model. 

dode
Fluorite | Level 6

so what should I do ? do I accept the results or I should remove some of the variables, or I should change the model? 

Reeza
Super User

@dode wrote:

so what should I do ? do I accept the results or I should remove some of the variables, or I should change the model? 

I don't know, it depends on the context of what you're doing. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation