BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
stellapersis7
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am trying to do a multinomial logistic regression for a study with 3 categories dependent variable (SDMSCORE) and 4 categories independent variable (REGIONEW). I have used the code below. (its MEPS data .. survey based, so used surveylogistic)

proc surveylogistic data =  meps.sdm;

weight poolwt;

cluster VARPSU;

strata VARSTR;

class agenew;

model SDMSCORE =  regionnew / link =glogit;

run;

So in my results, it has taken a reference value in both dependent (poor) and independent(category 4) variable. IS that correct. I was thinking one of the categories in independent variable is taken as reference. the results are below:

Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 23.25.50.png

1 REPLY 1
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

Yes, you will get n-1 sets of coefficients, where n is the number of levels to the response variable.  This is because they are restricted in a sense that the probabilities must sum to 1.  There is a good explanation as to how to interpret a generalized logit model in general in the LOGISTIC documentation.

SAS Help Center

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation