BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fatemeh
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all,

I really appreciate you to help me find a way to check for covariates selection and multicollinearity like VIF or any other way in repeated measures applying proc mixed with fixed effects and two repeated effects in sas9.4.

6 REPLIES 6
STAT_Kathleen
SAS Employee
There is no VIF option in PROC GLIMMIX or PROC MIXED for multicollinearity diagnostics. There is an INFULENCE option in PROC MIXED for influence observations diagnostics, but no multicollinearity diagnostics options.
fatemeh
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for your reply. I found this article related to this topic, "User-friendly SAS® Macro Application for performing all possible mixed model selection - An update", but i can not download the ALLMIXED2 .SAS macro-call file from the authors website at "http://www.ag.unr.edu/gf". Any help will be appreciated to help me find access to ALLMIXED2 in sas 9.4.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

But influence diagnostics are not the same as multicollinearity diagnostics. The original poster needs to run the model through PROC REG to get the multicollinearity (VIF) diagnostics, then (assuming there are no serious problems indicated by the VIF) run PROC MIXED for the actual analysis.

--
Paige Miller
Ksharp
Super User
You could try CORRB option of MODEL .
CORRB Displays correlation matrix of fixed-effects parameter estimates

if correlation is very big like >0.8 ,that stand for these two variables is high collinearity .
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, CORRB will detect certain types of multicollinearity. However other types of multicollinearity will not be detected via CORRB.

--
Paige Miller
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

To add to @PaigeMiller 's response, CORRB would enable you to say something about the collinearity between variable X1 and variable X2, but not about the collinearity between X1 and a linear combination of the other X's.

The point I would add is that variable selection is a tricky subject, even for a fixed effects model.  For a mixed model, it is even more problematic.  What you might consider is to use a LASSO based method, treating all factors as fixed during the selection, and then denoting as random those that appropriately define a broader inference space.

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation