BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Beetstra
Calcite | Level 5

Due to time constraints and experimental possibilities I am interested in instead of a completely randomized DOE in JMP, a 'shortest path' through my experimental space:

1) minimize the number of cases  where more than one parameter changes between two consecutive experiments

2) minimize multiple-step changes between levels within the parameters (i.e. prefer '-1 to 0' and '0 to +1' over '-1 to +1').

3) adding an extra experiment would cost less time than allowing either 1 or 2.

Has someone tried this / studied the effect of this on an experimental design and the statistical effects?

(maybe to visualize: considering visiting 10 cities by car to take a sample in each city in a 20-experiment DOE, minimizing the amount of petrol you want to use - not as the goal of the experiment, but as the design of the experiment).

(I am currently on JMP 13, but can get access to JMP 14 and 15).

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

JMP has a separate community. You can post JMP questions to https://community.jmp.com/

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation