BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I read a sample of a quizz from the Stats certification an stumbled upon this question :

SASQ3.PNG

I would have answered the D, i don't get why it should be A. Moreover, i've tried on my SAS to execute both the score statement and score logistic and both give me the predicted probabilities....

Any idea ? Is it an error ? 

Thank you by advance 😄 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Do you have the documentation for Proc Logistic where you can reference details?

From the beginning of the SCORES statement syntax entry:

SCORE Statement

• SCORE <options>;

The SCORE statement creates a data set that contains all the data in the DATA= data set together with posterior probabilities and, optionally, prediction confidence intervals. Fit statistics are displayed on request

And from the overview of Proc Score:

The SCORE procedure multiplies values from two SAS data sets, one containing coefficients (for example, factor-scoring coefficients or regression coefficients) and the other containing raw data to be scored using the coefficients from the first data set. The result of this multiplication is a SAS data set containing linear combinations of the coefficients and the raw data values.

Highlight added.

The two are not the same. You may have skipped some information if any was provided about the content of the data sets to be used by Proc Score.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Do you have the documentation for Proc Logistic where you can reference details?

From the beginning of the SCORES statement syntax entry:

SCORE Statement

• SCORE <options>;

The SCORE statement creates a data set that contains all the data in the DATA= data set together with posterior probabilities and, optionally, prediction confidence intervals. Fit statistics are displayed on request

And from the overview of Proc Score:

The SCORE procedure multiplies values from two SAS data sets, one containing coefficients (for example, factor-scoring coefficients or regression coefficients) and the other containing raw data to be scored using the coefficients from the first data set. The result of this multiplication is a SAS data set containing linear combinations of the coefficients and the raw data values.

Highlight added.

The two are not the same. You may have skipped some information if any was provided about the content of the data sets to be used by Proc Score.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation