BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Here is an excerpt of a traning quizz for the sas certification: SASQ2.PNG

Answer A seems more correct to me. What do you think ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

I think that you have skipped on the description provided.

Are the values of the salary in dollar amounts: $102,454.18 or in thousands such as 102 for $102,000?

From the answer I suspect that salary was provided in thousands but you skipped any description actually provided of the input data set. Potentially bits in the code might also address this issue but without code can't say for sure.

You need need to know the units that a variable is collected in to apply the interpretation correctly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

I think that you have skipped on the description provided.

Are the values of the salary in dollar amounts: $102,454.18 or in thousands such as 102 for $102,000?

From the answer I suspect that salary was provided in thousands but you skipped any description actually provided of the input data set. Potentially bits in the code might also address this issue but without code can't say for sure.

You need need to know the units that a variable is collected in to apply the interpretation correctly.

Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8
Unfortunately the quizz doesn't provide any extra information... Maybe the salary is given in thousand of dollars indeed.
Reeza
Super User
Where did you find this question?
ballardw
Super User

One suspects that there is an introduction that describes the data set and then the set is used for multiple questions. The introduction could be many questions previously.

If there is no such description anywhere I would hope that you are not spending any money on this practice quiz as they don't know how to present information needed to answer questions.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

@Mathis1 wrote:
Unfortunately the quizz doesn't provide any extra information... Maybe the salary is given in thousand of dollars indeed.

Hi @Mathis1,

Given this odds ratio (1.142) and the alternative of 1 $ or 1000 $ for the unit of the salary variable, you can virtually rule out the possibility of 1 $ with common sense: Assuming monthly or yearly salaries, differences between two values in a realistic dataset will likely be several hundred dollars or more, say, 500 $ for example. However, an odds ratio of 1.142**500 > 5E28 is obviously nonsensical -- regardless of the "event" in question.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 in conversation