BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ANKH1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, 

We are designing a cross-over repeated measures design. Participants will have all 4 treatments at four different sessions. During each session, samples will be collected over several time points for 2 hrs. 

Is there a SAS procedure for such calculation?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Are you asking for a SAS procedure creating your design or how to analyse the data you gather.

For creating the design: If you've got SAS/Stat then Proc Plan could eventually be useful for you.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=14.3&docsetTarget=statug_plan_exampl... 

ANKH1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. This is helpful. But I have two questions:

1) Is this proc necessary when there is a washout period? Meaning that a carry-over effect is null or minimized?

2) Is there a proc to calculate sample size

Thanks, 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@ANKH1 

I'm a bit out of my depth here. May be someone else can answer your question.

@Reeza ?

Reeza
Super User

PROC POWER will calculate sample sizes, not sure if your crossover design can be accommodated, but there's an example here:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_power_examples03.htm&docsetVersio...

I'll also move this to the statistical forum. 

IME, whenever you start getting into customized trial designs, simulations are the best method to determine your sample size using a bootstrap approach. 

@ANKH1 wrote:

Hello, 

We are designing a cross-over repeated measures design. Participants will have all 4 treatments at four different sessions. During each session, samples will be collected over several time points for 2 hrs. 

Is there a SAS procedure for such calculation?

Thank you!

ANKH1
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you! The example is helpful.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation