BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NaveenM
Calcite | Level 5

I'm a beginner to SAS environment. I'm in need of some clarifications regarding interaction analysis of field data. 

We have conducted field trials at four locations with six treatments and four replications.

We have used the code below for our analysis:

proc glimmix data=IMPORT;
   class TRT LOC;
   model LHC = TRT LOC LOC*TRT / solution ddfm=kr;
   random LOC;
run;

Where, LHC = Pest count, TRT = Treatment, REP = Replication, LOC = Location.

Result obtained for four locations with six treatments and four replications:

Result.JPG

I got a similar analysis results of a reference article, in addition to the above results, the authors have added an additional result of Model Df and their F values. Reference:

Reference.JPG

Is there any additional analysis to be done for the Model df and F values as above. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

Since it is F test, it looks like there are three individual models correspond to three F test.

Anyway, calling @lvm   @SteveDenham  @StatDave  could give you better explanation .

lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Since you are considering LOC a fixed effect (by putting it in the MODEL statement), you would not also include LOC as random effect (using the RANDOM statement).  

If your replicates are actually block (which I am calling rep here), then you would want to use

RANDOM rep(LOC);

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation