BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pdiff
Obsidian | Level 7

I use the technique outlined by Stroup in 1999 and 2002 (ref below) to investigate power in mixed models. The ideas are based on non-centrality parameters computed from Proc Mixed or Glimmix results. I have a colleague using R and was curious if this technique has been ported to R (I am not an R coder by any means!).

Thanks for any info you might have. I can provide pdf copies of articles, if needed. 

Bill Price

Refs:

Stroup, W. W. 2002 American Statistical Association and the International Biometric Society
Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, Volume 7, Number 4, Pages 491–511.

Stroup, W. W. (1999), “Mixed Model Procedures to Assess Power, Precision, and Sample Size in the Design of Experiments,” 1999 Proceedings of the Biopharmaceutical Section, Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association, pp. 15–24.

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Thanks for writing. It sounds like you want to know if some feature is included in R. I think the better way to get that information is to post your question to an R discussion group.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation