BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DJGS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! I am using Proc Mixed. If the null likelihood ratio test is not statistically significant (I tried with 4 different covariance structures), is it nevertheless valid to report the type 3 tests of fixed effects? If it is not valid, what would you suggest I do? My model is pretty simple -- there are three repeated measures per individual, with two fixed effects, and one interaction. Thanks, as always, for your help! 

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I assume all of the Type 3 tests are non-significant as well.  That would lead to the non-significant null likelihood, and then you should report those tests.

SteveDenham

DJGS
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Steve... weirdly, 2 of the fixed effects are non significant, but one is (p=0.0144). Not sure what to do.. I can report it all, but I am not sure how to interpret this. Thanks for any additional thoughts. 

DJGS
Calcite | Level 5

Forgot to mention that I am dealing with a very small sample size...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation