BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ROBIZ7
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to fit a weighted Cox regression model in the spirit of Peter Sasieni (1993) "Maximum Weighted Partial Likelihood Estimators for the Cox Model" and D. Y. Lin (1991) "Goodness-of-Fit Analysis for the Cox Regression Model Based on a Class of Parameter Estimators".

I know PHREG allows case weights via WEIGHT statement, but I would like to accomplish is weighting the score function from weighted log-rank test (e.g. Fleming and Harrington).

I found a document written by Terry M. Therneau "A Package for Survival Analysis in S" where in Section 3.3.7, he explains that to estimate beta from a weighted cox model an offset -log(weight) has to be included. Standard error need to be also corrected.

I include link to the document Therneau: https://www.mayo.edu/research/documents/tr53pdf/doc-10027379

I did not find any other source in the web to fit this model from a programmatic point of view.

Is anybody experienced with this kind of estimation?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
ckuo
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I know it maybe a while ago.

I am also interested in the weighed cox regression model.

Have you tried the macro wcm?

Can you share some tips?

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation