BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JacquesR
Quartz | Level 8

I am performing a stratified/clustered analysis using proc surveyfreq.

It is a study in various districts (strata) at various hospitals (clusters) randomly assigned to one of three study arms (control, Experimental1, Experimental2).

I would like to get the odds ratio for the comparison of E1/E2 to Control, but I do not want to specify an analysis using only those hospitals (i.e., one analysis with E1 vs Control, another with E2 vs Control), as that would most certainly affect the overall variance, and defeat the purpose of using Surveyfreq. Is there a way to get the odds ratio in this instance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Take a look at PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC.  If you fit a generalized logit link, with CONTROL as the reference group, you should get the OR's you are looking for. It includes both CLUSTER and STRATA statements, so that the information you presented all should be incorporated. The example here should help you get started.

SteveDenham

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Take a look at PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC.  If you fit a generalized logit link, with CONTROL as the reference group, you should get the OR's you are looking for. It includes both CLUSTER and STRATA statements, so that the information you presented all should be incorporated. The example here should help you get started.

SteveDenham

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation