BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Banke
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello everyone, 

I ran proc logistic on a bootstrapped sample, does anyone please know how I can obtain p-values? I will appreciate your help, thanks 

proc surveyselect data=melanoma.nomiss NOPRINT seed=12345
out=Bootout
method=urs /*resample with replacement*/
samprate=1 /*each bootstrap sample has N observations*/
reps=1000; /*generate 1000 bootstrap resamples */

%macro ODSOff(); /* Call prior to BY-group processing */
ods graphics off;
ods exclude all;
ods noresults;
%mend;

%macro ODSOn(); /* Call after BY-group processing */
ods graphics on;
ods exclude none;
ods results;
%mend;

%ODSOff;

*B. run log reg on bootstrap samples;

proc logistic data=Bootout plots=ROC outest = estimate; /** N = 1372**/
BY REPLICATE;
title "multivariable logistic regression-bootstrapped sample";
class sexcat (param=ref ref = "2") racethc(param=ref ref = "0") insurcatb (param=ref ref = "2") 
              location (param=ref ref = "0") povertycat (param=ref ref = "0") cci (param=ref ref = "0") 
              surgcat(param=ref ref = "0") hormcat (param=ref ref = "1")  radicat (param=ref ref = "0") 
              chemocat (param=ref ref = "0") histology (ref = "amelanotic") primary (ref = "head_neck");;

model immunocat (event='1') = agenum sexcat racethc insurcatb povertycat intervalb 
                              cci location surgcat hormcat radicat chemocat histology primary
							  dxdateyearnum/ rl selection = backward include=6  
                              clodds=pl;
							  ods output CLoddsPL=CL_boot_Mort_mod_1  ;
run;

proc univariate data=cl_boot_mort_mod_1 noprint;
   class Effect;
   var  OddsRatioEst;
   output out=WidePctls1 pctlpre=P_ pctlpts=2.5 97.5 mean=Mean Std=Std P ; 
run; 

proc print data=WidePctls1 noobs label;
   format Mean Std P_2_5 P_97_5 6.4;
   label Mean="BootMean" Std="BootStdErr" P_2_5="95% Lower CL" P_97_5="95% Upper CL";
run;
%ODSOn;
proc print data = WidePctls1;
run;OutputOutput
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For a discussion of bootstrap p-values, see "How to compute p-values for a bootstrap distribution."

To compute a p-value, you need to have a hypotheses test. What is the test here? OddRatio=1?

Here are the steps:

1. Compute the statistic on the original data. Call the value T0.

2. For a one-sided p-value, compute the proportion of bootstrap statistics that exceed T0. For example,  if T0=2, you can write a DATA step to count how many bootstrap samples have OddsRatioEst > 2. The estimated p-value is (Count / NumBootSamples), where NumBootSamples=1000 for your example.

3. For a two-sided p-value, you need to figure out what value to use for the lower bound. For an odds ratio, I think the correct value is T1 = 1/T0. Then you would count how many bootstrap samples have statistics that are outside of the interval [T1, T2]. Again, the p-value is computed from this count as the proportion (Count / NumBootSamples).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For a discussion of bootstrap p-values, see "How to compute p-values for a bootstrap distribution."

To compute a p-value, you need to have a hypotheses test. What is the test here? OddRatio=1?

Here are the steps:

1. Compute the statistic on the original data. Call the value T0.

2. For a one-sided p-value, compute the proportion of bootstrap statistics that exceed T0. For example,  if T0=2, you can write a DATA step to count how many bootstrap samples have OddsRatioEst > 2. The estimated p-value is (Count / NumBootSamples), where NumBootSamples=1000 for your example.

3. For a two-sided p-value, you need to figure out what value to use for the lower bound. For an odds ratio, I think the correct value is T1 = 1/T0. Then you would count how many bootstrap samples have statistics that are outside of the interval [T1, T2]. Again, the p-value is computed from this count as the proportion (Count / NumBootSamples).

Banke
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you, I will try this. Yes, my hypothesis is OR = 1
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @Rick_SAS, I think you meant to link to your 2011 blog post "How to compute p-values for a bootstrap distribution."

Always impressive how many questions can be answered by referring to an article from your great, ever-growing blog.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation