BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS49
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am trying to assess for EMM between my exposure and outcome variables across strata of a 3rd variable.  The exposure variable, color, has 3 categories within it (red, blue, green), and the outcome variable relatedness is ordinal and has 3 levels within it (low, medium, high).  I am looking to see if there is EMM across the 3rd variable location which is binary (0, 1).  When I run the following code, it outputs the Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel statistics, but no Breslow day test output. 

proc freq data = my_data;
	table location*color*relatedness /cmh bdt;
run;

Does the Breslow day test not work in this case because I have categorical and ordinal exposure and outcome? Or is there something wrong with my code?

If the Breslow day test does not apply in this case, how would I statistically test for effect measure modification?  Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide. 

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

BDT is a CMH option.

( To request Tarone’s adjustment for the Breslow-Day test, specify the BDT cmh-option)

You need to ask for it like this : CMH(BDT) 

proc freq data = my_data;
	table location*color*relatedness / 
  relrisk plots(only)=relriskplot(stats) cmh(bdt);
run;

Koen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation