BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cassie3
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am not very familiar with SAS or statistics although I have been using SAS for a while. I'm trying to run a ZIP model with inflated zeros. The model seems to be running fine with 502 observations, but I reduced the sample size based to 365 to remove invalid observations.  The output is below. All variables except Mktval2 are binary. Not sure why cleartitle has no chi sq or p value. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

It is best to start your own thread on this forum instead of piggy-backing on a different thread. You are likely to have different details than the creator of this thread.

It is a good idea to include as a minimum your completed code, usually from the LOG to show any notes that may provide diagnostic information. Copy the LOG text including the code an all notes or messages from that procedure, or data step. On the forum open a text box using the </> icon that appears above the message window and paste the text.

If you think your relates to another then copy the url and paste that as link to related topic(s).

Be prepared to provide details of data such as summary frequencies or example data step to show variable types and names.

@Cassie3 wrote:

Hi, I am not very familiar with SAS or statistics although I have been using SAS for a while. I'm trying to run a ZIP model with inflated zeros. The model seems to be running fine with 502 observations, but I reduced the sample size based to 365 to remove invalid observations.  The output is below. All variables except Mktval2 are binary. Not sure why cleartitle has no chi sq or p value. Thank you!

You did not include any output

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

By any chance, is cleartitle a level within Mktval2? If that is the case, it may be getting used as a reference level. If not, try adding the type3 option to your MODEL statement and PARAM=GLM to your CLASS statement.

But as @ballardw  points out, it is very difficult to answer a question where we don't know exactly what you are doing currently, and do not have access to the output.

SteveDenham

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation