BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jungie143
Calcite | Level 5

Good day! I am a high school student who's currently working on a research entitled, "Averrhoa bilimbi extract as an alternative larvicide against Aedes aegypti". We want to know if at which amount of the mixture whill mostly kill the larvae. We used the extract of the plant (macerated with ethanol) to kill the larvae of the mosquito. We poured different amount of the extract at different setups with same number of larvae. I am a beginner in this study and would want to ask some help from you. Which one should I use, LC or LD? How do I know if which number to use ( the coefficient next to the LC/LD)? I would be glad to receive a reply from you. Thank you! God bless! Junegreg

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

What's LC and LD?

@jungie143 wrote:

Good day! I am a high school student who's currently working on a research entitled, "Averrhoa bilimbi extract as an alternative larvicide against Aedes aegypti". We want to know if at which amount of the mixture whill mostly kill the larvae. We used the extract of the plant (macerated with ethanol) to kill the larvae of the mosquito. We poured different amount of the extract at different setups with same number of larvae. I am a beginner in this study and would want to ask some help from you. Which one should I use, LC or LD? How do I know if which number to use ( the coefficient next to the LC/LD)? I would be glad to receive a reply from you. Thank you! God bless! Junegreg

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

@Reeza wrote:

What's LC and LD?

Lethal concentration and lethal dose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_dose

I would prefer LC50: the median lethal concentration. If you are ever to be using this product, the concentration is what you will have control on. Lethal dose is much more difficult to estimate.

PG

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation