BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rizki
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to do the mixed model analysis on meta-analysis study.

But I did not get the R2 and RMSE from the mixed model.

The independent variable is dosage(kg), and some dependent variables (%). Study where classified as a random effect.

I need help for two things:  

1. I already had the intercept and slope results, but need the R2 and RMSE results also. Could you please help me how the statement to get it?

2. how to make the statement for graphic estimation based on dependent and the independent variable of the model?

Can anybody help? Please help me as soon as possible. 

Many thanks in advance,

Rizki

yanza.draft@gmail.com

1 REPLY 1
sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you are using a procedure like MIXED or GLIMMIX, then a RMSE value is not available because these procedures do not use the least-squares method for estimation.

Edit: The MIXED procedure with the METHOD=TYPE3 option will produce sums of squares and mean squares output based on method of moments estimation. It is not available for models that use a REPEATED statement or have a SUBJECT= effect. 

The concept of R2 is complicated for mixed models. This paper and this CrossValidated discussion might be useful to you.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation