BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ejamro
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using proc mi to impute missing values, proc glimmix for regression, then proc mianalyze to pool the estimates from the imputed datasets. I receive the imputation-level -2 Log L with the glimmix results, but is it possible to obtain a pooled -2 Log L from mianalyze?

2 REPLIES 2
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

Because the theory behind the combining of estimates from multiply imputed data requires both a point estimate and a standard error (which you don't have in this case), you cannot get a pooled -2 LL measure using MIANALYZE.  I have not seen a discussion anywhere in the literature as to if or how this might otherwise be done, but maybe someone else in the Community has some suggestions.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

A quick google on "combining log likelihoods" gives a lot of interesting results ranging from as simple as adding the log likelihoods (equivalent of multiplying the likelihood) which assumes independence between the imputations, to several Bayesian methods, and on to some good Q and A on stackexchange.

The one thing I thought was a common thread is that there is good theory behind the adding of log likelihoods/multiplying likelihoods when you think of it as combining probabilities.  There is a strong independence assumption though.

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation