BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@varatt90 wrote:

When I specify "effectplot interaction (x=depression)" where Y = smoking status into my code, this is what I see. Is this what you meant?

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 3.42.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 3.36.07 PM.png

Yes, these are the plots. I find looking at them helpful in some ways, girl seems to have opposite sign on the slope to boys and opposite sign on the slope to other. That's a useful piece of information that isn't immediately obvious looking at the tables of output. Another point is that the slope of other is flatter than the slope of boys and flatter than the slope of girls; again this is a piece of information that isn't immediately obvious looking at the tables of output. Finally, girls shows a bigger range from "No" to "Yes" than boys or other on both plots.

--
Paige Miller
varatt90
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for interpreting that graphs! It was nice to see what to look out for when reading the graphs.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@varatt90 wrote:
Thank you for interpreting that graphs! It was nice to see what to look out for when reading the graphs.

Some famous person once created the hashtag #APictureIsWorthAThousandNumbers

--
Paige Miller
varatt90
Obsidian | Level 7
Haha definitely a wise person...who also probably loved interaction plots.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation