BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Well, if you know both the numerator and denominator for each estimate, and since the numerators are all > 40, then you could use:

proc genmod data=yourdata;
class group;
model numerator1/denominator1 = group /dist=binomial type3;
lsmeans group/diff ilink;
run;

Where numerator1 and denominator1 are the values for activity_1, and would be replaced by numerator2 and denominator2 for activity_2.  Since it seems from your communications that the denominator would be the same for both activities because it is the enrollment at the school, you could simplify a little bit.

SteveDenham

SAS-questioner
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much! I have one last silly question, do you know what's this test called? It's clearly not a T-test, is it binomial test?

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

It is a generalized linear model with a binomial distribution and a logit link.

Or

Logistic regression.

SteveDenham

SAS-questioner
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, Steve, I am wondering could you please tell me what is different from this methods that you posted to 'dist=poisson"? If the rate is the thing that I want to compare, when should I use "binomial" and when should I use "poisson"?
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Binomial distribution: bounded below by zero, above by 1 (inclusive at both bounds). It is the proportion (or rate) of subjects (or trials) having a given characteristic divided by the number of subjects (or trials) observed (N). The variance is a function of the proportion (=N*p*(1-p)).

Poisson distribution: bounded below by zero (inclusive). It is the count of subjects having a given characteristic. The population variance is equal to the population mean.

SteveDenham

Ksharp
Super User
Steve,
I think Poisson Distribution is used for low probability event,like insurance's claim probability.
While Logistic Regression is used for normal probability(not too small), otherwise need EXACT logistic model or Penalty Logistic model .
SAS-questioner
Obsidian | Level 7
Like I replied above, the activity_1_rate is computed by using the number of students who participated in activity 1 divides the total number of students.
Ksharp
Super User
Then you can use Non-parameter method Wilcoxon test in PROC NPAR1WAY .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation