BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VinnyR
Calcite | Level 5

Hi I am expected to produce a table as following  as attached. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me by letting me know how to calculate standardized difference and p value highlighted in the attached image.

Any help is really appreciated.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'm not 100% sure what "standardized difference" is, and the the attached image isn't all that definitive either, but these tests look like t-tests, which you can produce via PROC TTEST. But that's a guess, and I don't really like guessing ... because sometimes I get it wrong and that wastes everybody's time.

Can you provide more information about what this table is doing, specifically p-value for what? And what XX.X (XX.XX) really means? I note that you asked about a table like this before (https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/P-value-for-this-situation/m-p/579958) and never provided additional information. Because without additional information, we can't proceed.

--
Paige Miller
VinnyR
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Paige,

xx.x (xx.xx) are the mean and sd [Mean (SD)], in which mean will be  presented with maximum one decimal and Standard Deviation (sd) will be presented with maximum 2 decimal points.

This table is to show "Summary of Demographics and other baseline characteristics".  The purpose is to present the summary statistics and the standardized Difference and the p-value to compare the control drug with the study drug 

Thanks,

Vinny

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Is the thing you are measuring continuous (like temperature)? Is it normally distributed? P-value for what hypothesis?

Please explain what this is all about. Don't make us guess.

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation