BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fluud_nozzle
Calcite | Level 5

I have the next information:

I have 5 products, Credit Card, Personal Loan, Mortgage, Auto Loan and Credit Line
I have the vintage, i.e. the date of openning for every customer and for every product for the last 6 months
I have the information if the product is active or not
The information is for every customer 
The information is in a database as follows:

IDCUSTOMER           INCOME             VINTAGE_AUTO   VINTAGE_TDC   VINTAGE_SPL    VINTAGE_MTG     VINTAGE_SL

123456                       $123456.00        200606                            .                           .                            201106                 .

123457                        $145.00                 .                            200001                  200012                        .                           .                      

and so on, i.e., if the customer do not have certain product then there is not going to be information about that product.

I want to predict if the customer obtain e.g. a Creditc Card, which is the probability of keeping the credit card, obtain another credit card or choose another product.

I've beeing reading for proc IML but I can't run that proc.

Please help me to do that, or maybe I need some other information.

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

To clarify, it sounds like you have read the article "Markov transition matrices in SAS/IML" (or maybe this SAS Global Forum paper) and those articles do what want, but you do not have access to SAS/IML software? Is that correct?

The documentation for the STATESPACE procedure in SAS/ETS indicates that it can estimate a transition matrix for the data and use it for predictions. Do you have access to SAS/ETS software? If so, I will move this thread to the Forecasting Community.

fluud_nozzle
Calcite | Level 5

That is correct, I've beeing reading "Markov transition matrices in SAS/IML" but I don't have acces to SAS/IML, on the other hand, I have not accesos to SAS/ETS, only to SAS Entrerprise Guide.

I'll love your help.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Sorry, but I have no further suggestions. If all you need is the steady-state vector, I suppose you could program the matrix iteration in FCMP, but most analyses of Markov chains also use eigenvalues, matrix inverses, and other techniques in numerical linear algebra.

fluud_nozzle
Calcite | Level 5

How is the program ot the matrix iteration in FCMP (what does FCMP means?)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation