BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ajkalale
Obsidian | Level 7

Using effect cell coding what is the logit of the person having the large wrist watch?

Variable

Parameter estimate

p-value

Intercept

Medium watch

Small watch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

(Large watch) = (Intercept) 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ajkalale
Obsidian | Level 7

Using the reference cell coding, What is the logit for the person with a large wrist watch(Logistic regression model)

Variable

Parameter estimate

p-value

Intercept

Medium

Small

sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

(Large watch) = (Intercept) 

sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Have you studied Proc LOGISTIC: CLASS Variable Parameterization?

(Large watch) = (Intercept) - (Medium watch) - (Small watch)

ajkalale
Obsidian | Level 7

How did you get the above equation, please prove it or elaborate?

Thank you!  

sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Have you studied the link I suggested or other resources that you can find by searching (of which there are many)? When you understand the definition of effect coding (or any other coding system), it's just an algebraic problem. I would be happy to address any informed and detailed questions you might have.

That said, different coding systems are just different parameterizations of the same model: regardless of coding, the LSMEANS and differences among LSMEANS are the same. I applaud your interest in understanding coding, but I also encourage you to focus on what might be more important.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I merged the two threads since they obviously deal with the same question. Please keep questions in one thread, so everybody can see all answers already given.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation