BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yasmeena739
Calcite | Level 5
Hello all! I’m a student and I’m having a lot of trouble even beginning this project. Not sure how to even start here. I have thousands of data points.

Essentially I have 5 variables. 3 of which have multiple categories (4+), 1 continuous variable, and 1 dual category variable (e.g. something like gender). How do I use ancova to analyze these! I’m so confused. I don’t even know where to begin. Please help! I’m using SAS
1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

A simple place to start is in PROC GLM or PROC GLIMMIX, depending on what assumptions you want to make about the error distribution of the Y variable, something you haven't mentioned. What is your Y variable? What distribution are the errors?

Anyway, if the variable Y has normally distributed errors, then use PROC GLM like this:

proc glm data=have;
     class categoryvariablename1 categoryvariablename2 
         categoryvariablename3 binaryvariablename;
     model y=continuousvariable categoryvariablename1 
         categoryvariablename2 categoryvariablename3 binaryvariablename/solution;
     lsmeans categoryvariablename1 categoryvariablename2
         categoryvariablename3 binaryvariablename;
run;
--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation