BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Chudamani
Obsidian | Level 7

I have been trying to combine estimates for random effects after running PROC GLIMMIX in a multiply imputed dataset. However, I keep getting errors. Any help is appreciated.

The code I used in GLIMMIX to create a dataset with random effects:
PROC GLIMMIX DATA = FULL.DSRTLONGFULL METHOD=QUAD(FASTQUAD) noclprint plots=all;
by _IMPUTATION_;
CLASS RAHHIDPN STRATCLUS   alc (ref='0') smoke(ref='0') GENDER (REF='2') RACE_ETH(ref='1') maritalstat(ref='1')meds(ref='0') hear(ref='5') sleep(ref='1');
MODEL COGSCR = time BMI time*BMI time  BMI  time*BMI  PAscr SEscr alc smoke  
GENDER EDU ciyrsn RACE_ETH R7AGE_N maritalstat income cesd meds hear sleep numcond Funcstat/ SOLUTION DDFM=RESIDUAL obsweight=lev1wt ;
RANDOM INTERCEPT /subject=STRATCLUS  solution type=VC weight=lev3wt; /**LEVEL 3 VARIABLES**/
RANDOM INTERCEPT /subject=RAHHIDPN(STRATCLUS) solution type=VC weight=lev2wt; /**LEVEL 2 VARIABLES**/
COVTEST/WALD;
ODS OUTPUT parameterestimates=FULL.PARAMBMI covparms=full.randombmi;
store BMIall;
RUN;

The MIANALYZE Code:
proc sort data=full.randombmi;
by effect subject _imputation_;
run;

proc mianalyze parms (classvar=Level)=full.randombmi;
by subject;
modeleffects intercept;
run;

The dataset with the estimates:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Noting that you "keep getting errors" without giving us what is found in the log is like cutting off one leg before running a race.  Please post the log, being sure to including any DATA step messages prior to the errors.

SteveDenham

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

You should be able to apply the 2nd example in the usage note below to your situation and get the results.

33131 - How do I combine the covariance parameters from PROC MIXED in PROC MIANALYZE? (sas.com)

Chudamani
Obsidian | Level 7
@SAS_Rob Thank you for the link. This worked perfectly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation