BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS93
Quartz | Level 8

I know how to use proc surveyfreq and specify the chi-sqare (chisq) option for looking at associations.

I usually use the Rao-Scott chi-square output, even for multi-way tables. I've never been taught/told not to, but is this actually correct? Is there some other way to specifically look at tables bigger than 2-way tables?

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If one variable is a response variable and the others are predictors of that response, then this is usually done by logistic regression. So, you could use PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC.

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

SURVEYFREQ does not have a test that is analogous to the CMH test in Proc FREQ.  I have not seen much discussion of this in the survey sampling literature.  Essentially it will treat each level of the third (or fourth, etc.) variable as a separate domain and perform a Chi-Square test on each unique two-way table

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

This in turn makes @StatDave 's suggestion regarding SURVEYLOGISTIC about the only alternative.  Including an interaction term should provide an approximation to a CMH analysis.

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation