BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
g1omaa
Calcite | Level 5

Hey everyone,
My current company already has a way to access databases through Excel bypassing SQL altogether. However, I'm intrigued by the idea of directly writing SQL queries for data retrieval.

I have decent SQL skills, but I'm looking to polish them further. Additionally, I'm interested in exploring the advantages of SQL querying, particularly in relation to our current setup. Here are a few points I'm particularly curious about:

How does SQL querying fare in terms of performance and flexibility compared to Excel-based queries, especially given that my company's Excel setup still utilizes SQL in the background?

Can I automate SQL queries/reports that will fetch the latest data?

While Excel is deeply integrated with other Microsoft applications, such as PowerPoint, how does SQL querying compare in terms of ease of integration and collaboration?

I've heard that SQL querying can seamlessly integrate with R or Python for further analysis and visualization. Can I use SQL directly from inside RStudio/ Spyder?

Any insights, personal experiences, or resources you can share would be invaluable. Thanks so much for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

I would go:

yabwon_0-1711633771372.png

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation