BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I'm happy to share with everyone a new Ask the Expert webinar geared for SAS admins. @MichelleHomes and @PaulHomes will present the following on Oct. 24 at 4:00pm ET.

Register today so you won't miss this insightful webinar!

Imagine staying in SAS Management Console and being able to see activity information gleaned from recent changes in SAS®9 log files. For example, see audit activity for security access controls, user logins, failed logins and more.

Examining user and object activity can be a challenging task for SAS administrators with finding information in the right log file. Metacoda, in their latest release – Metacoda Plug-ins 6.2 – has a new activity reviewer plug-in that is focused on reviewing log data for specific metadata objects and specific metadata identities.

This will be of interest for those with auditing and troubleshooting requirements.

You will learn:

• How to perform log data queries quickly without leaving SAS Management Console.
  • How to see very recent log entries.
  • How it integrates with other Metacoda Plug-ins to examine and view:
    • User activity for a selected user.
    • Activity for a selected object.
  • The underlying technology, architecture and prerequisites.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
3 REPLIES 3
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Looking forward to the webinar.

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

Quentin
Super User

I'm looking forward to it as well.  The Metacoda plug-ins have so much value not only for admins, but also for developers, who are often responsible for maintaining permissions etc for metadata objects that they create. And even when developers don't maintain the permissions, they need to understand the permissions, at least to the level of being able to answer questions like "who can see this object I created (stored process/table/whatever)?", "why can person x see this object?", "why can't person y see this object?" etc.  I can't wait to see these recent feature additions.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @ShelleySessoms for sharing.

Thanks @yabwon and @Quentin for registering. We're looking forward to sharing the new features of Metacoda Plug-ins and the really cool audit and troubleshooting insights SAS Management Console users can get in a few clicks with the Activity Reviewer Plug-in. See you soon!

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com