It is not very often, although sometimes documentation.sas.com is offline or has hiccups. It is however often than documentation.sas.com might be blocked in certain scenarios, and it is often that this resource is critical in certain scenarios.
Would it be possible to create a procedure to generate a local mirror of documentation.sas.com?
- On one side, this was considered in the past, as SASWebDoc is an app to have documentation of SAS Base locally available. So the idea is not really new.
- On other side, I assume the collection of documentation.sas.com can be quite large and it has periodic updates. This is something to consider.
My idea is that it would be interesting to have the following functionality:
- Enable subsets of documentation.sas.com, based on products, solutions, etc
- Have an updated list of those subsets, their sizes and the last update date
- A procedure that would allow to create a mirror of selected updates, and to update them (only the diffs) per request
What do you think of this idea? Feasible? Other requirements to add?