BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

i have summary report and detail report,detail report having date prompt ,this prompt get date from summary report using report linking .

but at time of linking (summary report to detail report ) date variable not found in summary report only in cross tab object.

but its properly work in other object like bar chat,line chart etc.

so whats the problem for cross tab for report linking date prompt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The following workaround has worked for other customers:

In the information map for the source report, make a copy of the Date data item. Edit the expression to use the PUT function and include the desired format like this:

PUT(<<PRDSAL2.DATE>>,DATE9.)

Change the Expression Type to Character.

Add this data item to the source report but hide it in the crosstab. When you create your link, associate this hidden copy of the Date data item with the prompt in the target report.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

please anyone known how to resolve this problem

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you please provide more details about the problem? Are you getting an error when you follow the link from the crosstab to the target report?

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

po.png

in this postingdate promt not get any date variable from summary report

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

yes, this promt not get any variable(date,char,numeric)

if any solution please inform me

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The following workaround has worked for other customers:

In the information map for the source report, make a copy of the Date data item. Edit the expression to use the PUT function and include the desired format like this:

PUT(<<PRDSAL2.DATE>>,DATE9.)

Change the Expression Type to Character.

Add this data item to the source report but hide it in the crosstab. When you create your link, associate this hidden copy of the Date data item with the prompt in the target report.

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

i create exression,change type,hide data item from cross tab but linking time not found this new ceated data item in prompt.
still problem not solve

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

i report we apply sutotal on column, report generate subtotal for all column but i want selected/wanted column subtotal

so how it can esolve

suppose i have one example

in tis sreenshot get all column subtotal,but i dont want product subtotal so how it resolve this 

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

above procedure work properly ,

problem solve .

thank you very much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation