BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

Part of the event in the key actions log contains

UserID@!*(generatedpassworddomain)*!

Can someone tell me what the "@!*(generatedpassworddomain)*!" is as we are getting a few users with this in their user string in the log, others just have the userid.

WRS4.2 SAS9.2M2

Cheers

Barry
5 REPLIES 5
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Barry,
I was doing some research on this and found some old notes (2005). There is likely a difference in how the users are setup. The domain string cannot be located either from the Metadata or from the user themselves and so the default @!(... string is included. Can you verify whether the users that show this '(generatedpassworddomain)' are defined on the host machine?
You could also review the setups in SAS Management Console User manager. Wonder if the 'Authentication' tab is different for the different users.

There is information on different auth setups documented at:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/admin_oma/security/grpuserlog_defs.html

Let me know what you find in Mgmt Console.

~ Angela
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Angela.

The users appear to have the same setup in Metadata, except for the userid of course.

If you are meaning the web server when you say host, no-one is defined directly as a user on that machine, all done as domain users.

The funny thing is on our development machine, I haven't seen this issue. And the setup on the two environments are the same (so I have been told).

Ona side note we are using We are using SSO.

Barry
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Update.

It appears to be happining with the SSO... however if we log off WRS and then back in typing the credentials it displays the Userid typed in ...
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
If you havent already, I would suggest opening a track with Technical Support. Sounds like a configuration issue with SSO.

~ Angela
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Way ahead of you, but seems like I get more/better information from here sometimes ;)...

Will update if any progress made.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation