BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All,
I am trying to develop a OLAp cube and I have question about the schema that I'll have to use. The OLAp cube studio only allows a STAR schema. Is there a way I can use a Snowflake Schema to build the cube or do I have to rebuild my datasets so they are in a STAR schema.

Any help is greatly appreciated......

Thanks
Shri
3 REPLIES 3
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Shri,
You are correct. The recommendation I have for customers is to estabilish views within the snowflake schema to 'flatten' into a STAR schema - then use these views as a part of the OLAP source.

~ Angela Hall
http://sas-bi.blogspot.com
deleted_user
Not applicable
Angela,
Thank You for your response. When you say views do you mean datasets (I know hoe to create views in DI studio when I am running a job) but how do you create views in OLAP, can you please direct me to some documentation.

You are the best
Thank you
Shri
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Shri,
Sorry if I was confusing. The views will need to be created a step back from OLAP - so via DI Studio. Then use these new views in the star schema in OLAP Cube Studio.

~ Angela

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation