BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Catrin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everybody,

I am looking for the URL to call a Web Report Studio Report just in view mode. 
Using https:// ....../SASWebReportStudio/openRVUrl.do?rsRID=SBIP%3A%2F%2FMETASERVER%2........%2Report.srx%28Report%29 opens Web Report Studio with both tabulator keys: edit mode and view mode.

Is there a way  to call  WRS or better the report just in view mode?

I will appreciate any hint

Catrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are the one doing the presentation, then the Edit tab will be visible. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Which version of the SAS Intelligence Platform are you using? Are you on the latest version of SAS 9.4 (M8)?
Catrin
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for your reaction.
The SAS Platform we actually are using is SAS 9.4 M6.
If a solution would be different in SAS 9.4 M8 it would be helpful to get this information too.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Maybe I misunderstand, but shouldn't access to Edit mode be controlled using authorization:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/wrscdc/4.4/citug/n1nqniwlwggo61n1qles2xhhl86x.htm

Here's a list of ways to access a report in View mode if you not already have seen it:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/wrscdc/4.4/citug/p097cxmfle52onn1p8uzi5oi1k8n.htm#p1u7apslsa2h2...

Data never sleeps
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I am a little unclear on what you are trying to do. Do you personally want only view-only access to Web Report Studio? Or are you trying to restrict someone else's access to view only? 

Either way, this is controlled by capabilities as @LinusH mentioned in an earlier post. 

Catrin
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you Madelyn and LinusH,

sorry for being unclear.
I am looking for presenting an WRS report in view mode only. I hoped, there was a parameter I could join to the URL to reach this.
I do not want to change the original authorization of the report.

As I understand you, there is only a way on the authorization level in the application. So, if one has edit access, one will see both tab keys and I cannot hide the edit key. Is that right?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are the one doing the presentation, then the Edit tab will be visible. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation