BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I have a report which is based on OLAP Cube and it is having Time as dimension. When I am trying to sort the Year, Month,Day in descending order only year is getting sorted other  level are coming in random order. For ex- month is coming as Dec Nov Jan Mar Oct etc . Same is the case with Day level. Any workaroud how to resolve the issue.

Cube.png
4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There is an option on the Data menu that says "Include Members with Only Missing Values." If this option is unchecked, then I suggest checking it to see if that changes the behavior.

ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

@Madelyn_SAS Where exactly this  option is available. Can you please give exactly where to look for this option.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When you are viewing your OLAP report, select the Data menu. I am attaching an image. If this option is not checked, then try checking it to see if it changes the sort behavior.

Here are some other notes related to date sorting for OLAP:

Other thoughts:

• Did explicitly sort the Time dimension in the table? You right click on the column header (Year, in your case, I think) to open the menu.
  • When you defined the cube, what sort order did you select. I believe that there are 5
    •ascending unformatted
    •descending unformatted
    •ascending formatted
    •descending formatted
    •data set order

olap_missing_members.jpg
ashu464810
Calcite | Level 5

I have given year heirarchy as inherited ascending format ,month as inherit ascending format and date when I have given Ascending Formated ,days are coming fine but still the month are not coming in sorted order. I tried to give all the possible format available to the month column level but all in vain....Nothing changed. I also added the option include the missing value as you mentioned but that also not working properly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation