BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rain
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi.

I have been browsing posts here(How to migrate SAS DI Jobs in SAS VIYA)  and also looking at the presentations/documentation available from SAS to understand Viya ETL capabilities compared to SAS 9.4.

Currently my understanding is that Viya:

• Doesn't have native graphical user interface tools like DI Studio or Enterprise Guide although you can interact  with Viya through various transformations. SAS Studio on Viya doesn't have GUI interface like Studio on 9.4.
  • Has limited scheduling possibilities compared to SAS 9.4.
  • is more focused towards data scientists, analysts aiming to take advantage of Viya's new data mining and machine learning features and in-memory approach.

Is this correct or am I missing something? I want to confirm that currently SAS 9.4 is the ETL platform for handling and running several hundred batch jobs in addition to about 15 concurrent active users.

Rain

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Rain ,

SAS Viya is an extension to current SAS 9 platform with advanced analytics capabilities. What ever documents you have from public domain can help you understand more on this. However for offical confirmation is better to engage your account manager to help you with better guidance and support.

Thanks!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation