BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheerschop
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have loaded a base SAS table from a SAS 9.4 environment to a SAS Viya 2022.1 environment but I get the following error while trying to analyse the table:

bheerschop_0-1660576784047.png

This is not a user defined format so how do I enable this format in the SAS Viya environment?

Thanks!

Berry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bheerschop
Obsidian | Level 7

Feedback form SAS Technical Support:

It seems the EUR formats will not work in VIYA UI. 

This is what the backline mentions:

See documentation https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/v_026/nlsref/n1ta9hosby6dq3n16s5wgc6908po.htm.

I would assume that explains why Data Explorer does not allow EURxxxxxx formats but works with Nlxxxxxxx formats. The programming environment allows more flexibilty, but the VIYA UI will follow best practices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Is it possible you are using an older version that does not have the format?

Did you try using the Dutch (or whichever language you want) specific version instead?

bheerschop
Obsidian | Level 7

The version should include this format.

The format with the Dutch specific version does work correctly (NLDDFWKX15.).

I contacted SAS Technical Support for further assistance.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This format is included in the Viya 2022.1 documentation. Sounds like a problem for SAS Tech Support if you haven't opened a track already.

bheerschop
Obsidian | Level 7

Feedback form SAS Technical Support:

It seems the EUR formats will not work in VIYA UI. 

This is what the backline mentions:

See documentation https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/v_026/nlsref/n1ta9hosby6dq3n16s5wgc6908po.htm.

I would assume that explains why Data Explorer does not allow EURxxxxxx formats but works with Nlxxxxxxx formats. The programming environment allows more flexibilty, but the VIYA UI will follow best practices.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation