BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kiranch
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Techies,

Can we create Bubble chart Like this in SAS Visual Analytics?

We got requirement like this.

Is there any possibilities to do this kind of chart?

kiranch_0-1625028232208.png

Regards,

Kiran

1 REPLY 1
HarrySnart
SAS Employee

Hi @kiranch 

Was this example visualization previously built in JavaScript directly? If so you could lift it into Visual Analytics using the VA SDK. There's a pre-built example on the sassoftware GitHub page that already uses the D3.js Circle Packing plugin which creates a packed bubble plot: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Visualizing-nested-data-with-a-circle-packing... 

From a native VA canvas object perspective you can use the 'Bubble Plot' object, you can customize the look & feel by removing axis ticks and grid lines etc. but the point labels would be via the tooltips, not overlaid on the plot.

For a pre-defined layout you could also use the 'Geo-Coordinate' canvas object, feeding X & Y coordinates. This allows you to set a specific layout and include point labels. See attached an example I've done for sport position layout where I've rastered an image to project X&Y coordinates then added those coordinates to my source dataset to visualize in VA, you can then remove the map background and add data labels.

Does this answer you question?

Thanks

HarrylionsDemo.jpg

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation