BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

I tried to upload large files (>5GB) in SAS Viya pay as you go using SAS Studio. I first changed the max upload size from 100MB to >7000MB in SAS Environment Manager as described in https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-Viya-on-Microsoft-Azure-Marketplace-Three.... After that I stop and start SAS Viya to restart it. Then I can see the size limit is increased on the upload page. But when I tried to upload a 5.7GB file, it failed and gave me the following error message:

"

An error occurred uploading <202231326A_022018_AB.csv>. The server returned the following error message for the file <202231326A_022018_AB.csv> : <html>
<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

"

However, uploading a small file worked for me. Please advise how to increase the size limit correctly.

See below for the screenshot of the error message.

Kevin_Wang_1-1688419839353.png

Another issue is that the "Files" folder in the Explorer disappeared after I tried to add a new folder under it. You can see that in the screenshot above that "Files" folder is not there. Please advise how to get it back?

Thank you for your help!

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cj_blake
SAS Employee

Hi Kevin,

The limit that you are hitting here is actually a limit on the Nginx Ingress, rather than a limit within Viya itself. Due to the way that SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure is deployed, there isn't a way for you to increase this value, but there is another way that you can upload large files to your environment.

When you connect to the Jumpbox of the deployment, the NFS mounts that are available to SAS Viya are also mounted to this machine. If you login with SSH, you can see a list of the folders under the /viya-share folder. And you can upload your files from your local machine with tools like WinSCP, etc.

I hope that helps!

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Tried to upload a 600MB file and it failed. Does it mean each file has to be smaller than 100MB and changing the "maxuploadsize" limit doesn't really work?

See below for the error I got. Thanks for the help!

Kevin_Wang_0-1688746779197.png

cj_blake
SAS Employee

Hi Kevin,

The limit that you are hitting here is actually a limit on the Nginx Ingress, rather than a limit within Viya itself. Due to the way that SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure is deployed, there isn't a way for you to increase this value, but there is another way that you can upload large files to your environment.

When you connect to the Jumpbox of the deployment, the NFS mounts that are available to SAS Viya are also mounted to this machine. If you login with SSH, you can see a list of the folders under the /viya-share folder. And you can upload your files from your local machine with tools like WinSCP, etc.

I hope that helps!

Chris

eastChase
Fluorite | Level 6

@cj_blake Thanks for the solution to this problem. I followed the instructions, and I am still now facing a permission denied when using scp command and WinSCP to upload data to the Viya-Share folder in the jump vm. 

Error:

Permission denied.

Error code: 3

Error message from server: Permission denied

eastChase
Fluorite | Level 6
Resolved: Upon checking I found that I need to give root user permission to the target folder. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation