BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
touwen_k
Quartz | Level 8

I have a quesiton: in a drop-down list I have values as last wk, last 12 wks etc. I would like to select this value and based on that filter my crosstab table( I have a week value there). how to do it? regards Karolina T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Create an item today as datepart(now())

Then add a slider as a filter, assign a parameter to it allowing for week shifts from 1 to 12.

then apply an advanced filter to your object, this resolves to true if the date variable is greater then the shifted date from today.

a2.pnga1.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Create an item today as datepart(now())

Then add a slider as a filter, assign a parameter to it allowing for week shifts from 1 to 12.

then apply an advanced filter to your object, this resolves to true if the date variable is greater then the shifted date from today.

a2.pnga1.png

touwen_k
Quartz | Level 8

thank you very much for your answer. I will try it out. I am a beginner in VA. The request I 've got it to have a sum of sales for last week and sum of sales for last 12 weeks. The idea is to have one row in cross tab which shows the sum. Is this slider also showing that?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation