BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I want to show column percentages in a bar chart that comprises of two aggregation levels - en per unit and one for all units. I want to show it in the same bar chart but with different colors.

However I can only get the summed values to be shown on each unit. I want to show it only onece on the bar chart.

See the image below

Do you have any ideas how to solve it? we are running SAS VA 7.3 right now. But soon we will upgrade to 8.3.

Below is first the graph I want and below is the graph i made in sas VA.

I hope you can help  - thanks in advance.

Want:wish_picture.PNGhave_picture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @ANLYNG 

I didn't quite understand what exactly did you want to:

a) highlight the category closest to the "average of all"

b) highlight the "median of all" category

c) add a new category (and bar) which represents "avg/median of all".  Needs to be logically correct place considering sort order.  This would mean data needs to be added to create that extra category.

I don't think a) or c) are doable.

a) VA doesn't have closest value functionality.

c) in VA one can't add data per se f.ex. . creating new categories split data.

While playing around with this I wondered would it be ok just to show the aggregate for all units as a line instead of bars?

With VA8.x you could of course utilize D3.js charts which might help you in this matter.

Best regards,

Petri

Capture.JPG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation