BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey ALL,

is it possible to show more informations of outliers in a boxplot in SAS VIYA? Like a mouseover-function? 

Thank you!

Muandre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Ah, sorry. Because of the way that data is aggregated for box plots, you cannot assign extra variables to be displayed in the data tips.

You could manually create a filter on another object based on the outlier range that is displayed in the box plot, but that would be purely an ad-hoc approach for data exploration.

Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Box plots in a Visual Analytics report should have details on the outlier values when you move your cursor over the outliers.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/8.5/vaobj/p0x05zeb5ylrnyn1fwruq6x05840.htm?homeOnFail

What version of Visual Analytics do you have?

Thanks,

Sam

Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

i am working with SAS VIYA. I want to add more informations (=other variabels) to my outliers when I move my cursor over the outliers, like age or nationality or ID.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Ah, sorry. Because of the way that data is aggregated for box plots, you cannot assign extra variables to be displayed in the data tips.

You could manually create a filter on another object based on the outlier range that is displayed in the box plot, but that would be purely an ad-hoc approach for data exploration.

Sam
Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your help, @Sam_SAS - now I can stop googling 😉

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation