BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rufmau68
Obsidian | Level 7

hi,

i wish to publish (in SAS VA 7.3) a netdiagram-like object in sas va report. But in that version, it's not possible from exploration to export it in report.

If my diagram it's composed only by nodes and links by nodes.... can i use geo map with "dummies" longitude/latitudes coordinates and to hide world backgorund, or set it to colors whites.... ?

thanks

bye

mauro

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Mauro,

I am not sure about the workaround you are suggesting. You want to "fake" a network diagram by using coordinates on a geo map? You could draw the nodes this way, but I don't think you could have the links between nodes.

It seems to me that a better workaround would be to simply export the diagram as an image from the explorer, and then display that image in the report. This is not an ideal solution, but I think it would be better.

If it is possible for you to upgrade to VA 8.1 or later, such a workaround would not be needed.

Sam
rufmau68
Obsidian | Level 7

but an image it's not so exactly a dynamic object... i can use this workaround if i save a any different image anywere and then can i show one of it, depending on a user choice... but i think that its no possible in VA

mauro

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation