BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rahul_SAS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Experts,

I have users (i.e. Managers & Employees) in the data. Need to apply row level security like a Manager should see the data for employees who falls under him/her and an Employee can see only his/her data.

This can be done using process described in below link:

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/SAS1779-2015.pdf

But here, i need to make this part automated. Suppose, an Employee Moves from one manager to another manager. And there are 1000s of employees so following the above link won't be a good way.

I have another table apart from main data table which has Employee Manager relations and gets updated daily basis.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

There will be 2 types of flow, one for defining the actual row-level-where-statement and one for the group-user-assignment.

The first one can use the "SUB::SAS....." user-driven-identities to subset data depending on user and the groups he/she belongs to.

The second one puts the users in the groups and can be achieved by using canoncical tables and SAS macros: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetTarget=p1o31lg0trorn8n1rketxxe1jbr1.htm&docset...

I have created groups which names are the same as the divisions in my company and then the where-statements use this information to subset the data, like: "division in (SUB::SAS.Identitygroups)"

Hope this can guide you in the right direction 🙂

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation