BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ramakanthkrovi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

Is there a way to display a user selected date (by a prompt which is not in the dataset) from a stored process in Enterprise Guide in the report using a dynamic text or any other way?

The photos are pasted below to help you understand the situation better. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Example: If a user selects "Nov 05" from the list, I want the date to be passed into the report and displayed around the yellow highlighted area.

image.png

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

I believe, you are working on SAS Stored Process reports not on VA (Visual Analytics).

When we create any dynamic inputs in Stored processes it will be stored first in a temporary variable. Try to look at stored process source code, there you can find the name of variable. You can put data in this variable into your report (SAS %put statement).

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question or any further queries on this.

Ramakanthkrovi
Obsidian | Level 7

@manishiiita

I had to create a stored process in SAS Enterprise guide but the user selects the prompts in SAS Visual Analytics which then gets executed in the backend in SAS EG and the dataset which is a source for the report gets refreshed and the user can see updated data.

Because in SAS VA 7.4 we can only execute the stored process in an external tab, the dataset refresh is inevitable. The user prompt selection is what that needs to be used in the report as a dynamic text. Hope it cleared the original post.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation