BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MartinHerold
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have some questions about the Visual Analytics Designer.

1. Does anyone know a way to reset all the set filters in a Visual Analytics Report with one click.
    (My Report has 8 Filters and I want something like one button to reset all the filters at the same time)

2. Does anyone know a way to filter the values of a filter by another filter.
    (For Example if you select in filter 1 "Terminal 1", than I want the second filter only to display Terminal areas like A, B and C, because D and E are in Terminal 2)

Thanks

Martin

9 REPLIES 9
vasireddyajay
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

could some one comment on this. I have the same question where I have some filters. But, is there a possibility to get back to the default filter conditions with reset filters button. And how we could achieve this in SAS VA.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ajay

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Ajay (and Martin),

Unfortunately, it is not possible to reset all of the filters in a report with a single action in the current release. This functionality (as well as deleting all filters) is actually available in the explorer but not in the report designer. Hopefully this functionality will be added to the report designer in a future release.

For the second question in the original post, setting a data source filter might be helpful to achieve what you want.

Thanks,

Sam

Edit: To follow up, I asked the development team about this feature and it is under consideration for a future release.

abhilashatiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

I am also interested to reset all the filters at once. Its a very important and good fucntionality. Do you know, by when we can expect a new release with this functionality?

Regards,

Abhilasha

daha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

A new release of SAS VA where Exploration and Designer are combined is expected in Q2. At least thats what our SAS Consultant has informed us.

abhilashatiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much for your reply. For the time being is there any other workaround to get this done in SAS VA?

Bhavesh
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
Will this functionality be available in new release : 7.4 and 8.1 with Viya
MJAH
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
Has this feature been added to the current version of SAS VA?

Thanks,
Martijn
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @MJAH,

I'm sorry, but there's not a way to reset all filters at once in any current release of SAS Visual Analytics in SAS Viya (including the 2020.1.4 version that was made available in March 2021). You can submit it as in idea via the SAS Software Ballot.

-Joy

dipand
Quartz | Level 8
I have a problem, the customer asks for a button to reset the "n" filters within a dashboard built with SAS Visual Analytics 8.3.
Can anyone suggest me something?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 in conversation