BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hemi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I've got a bit of an annoying problem with a date slider... what i'm trying to do is let the user select a day from the input dataset, then store this day in a parameter so it can be used for variance calculations (compare with previous working day etc.). When I add a slider with the date field I can select 'Set value to dynamic maximum' which is great. But as soon as I add a date parameter (which needs its own minimum and maximum it seems) it overrides the range of the slider and grays out the dynamic min/max options.

Anyone know of any way to set this to the dynamic maximum WITH a parameter?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

As you stated "set this to the dynamic maximum WITH a parameter?" you can do one thing. all you need to do is edit that date parameter and select a future date(what ever months slot) for maximum date field. 

also you will have to keep only parameter date in roles. it will help you set it as maximum by default.

it will resolve your problem because when next day data will be updated you already will have a future date. if you will not do this then you will not be able to find an updated date in your data next day.

Maximum for parameter.PNG

hemi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately it doesn't fix my problem - If i take the date out of Measure/Date and leave only the parameter it still does not give me the option to select dynamic maximum (which seems logical - how would it know where to look for the maximum date?). I already have the min / max for the parameter set to past/future dates. 

If I have the measure/date set to my date it'll let me tick 'dynamic max', its just as soon as i add the parameter to store the date that it grays out and won't let me select it...

TimStettner
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey!

I just have the same issue. Is there anyone with a new idea to this?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation