BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,

any body has come up the requirement of multilayer esri map in VA? I mean we need to see multiple layers in one map . ( I have checked in google map the same feature ) . I got only one map one time as i see there is no option of multi(but the symbol available like below example)

vallsas_0-1624023552250.png

8 REPLIES 8
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

VA's default objects include the Region-Coordinate map, which could be made using different layers.

If you go into the custom graph builder (select Build Custom Graphs from the app selector at the top left) you can make a custom map with multiple region overlays, or multiple coordinate overlays, and so on.

To use different layers from the same Esri service, I think you would need to define each one as a different map provider.

@FalkoSchulz can you confirm/elaborate on the above?

Thanks,

Sam

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
To use different layers from the same Esri service, I think you would need to define each one as a different map provider.

Can you please explain little more details please.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
To use geographic data in VA, you need to define geography data items. If you read the map data from an Esri service, then you will also need to define a map provider. I *think* that you could make multiple providers for the same Esri service and specify different layers.

Here is some doc about defining geography items:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_007/vareportdata/p031vp9uc5y5iun0zipy3c1trkqn.htm
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you! I already been through the doc .

But here not mentioned about the layers . where as i am reading the map from esri services .
about the setting: In setting i defiend the map and I could see only one map at a time.

or 

in the options i can select only one map at a time (pls see the below screenshot). Here i would like to select two map's so that multilyear will appear in my report of map. 

if I select only one I should disply one map at atime and I should open another tab in the report again i have to choose another map . 

but rather the above If we select map it should cover ocean base and ocean reference as below maps show , but practically we can select any one of them at time.

vallsas_0-1624037424677.png

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Oh wait, are we talking about background maps? I don't think you can have more than one background map.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, this is regarding the background multilayer map.

Thank you !
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

@FalkoSchulz can tell us for sure. I don't know if maybe something could be configured on the Esri side.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 in conversation