BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
asturias
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to import my own databases into the virtual SAS Visual Analytics that I use during the Programming for SAS 9 course in SAS VA, or in some other course, to test my knowledge.
Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
revi_sas
SAS Employee
If you taking a class, you can ask the instructor. In the SAS Visual Analytics menu, under DATA you can try to IMPORT a local file. However, I am not familiar with the environment setup so you could only be allowed to import "local" files from the machine used in the class.
asturias
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the answer. To update you: I'm not in a class anymore, but the assistence telled to me that I can try with the Partner Demo Platform. I'm in train to try with this solution.

revi_sas
SAS Employee

Assuming you are using Remote Desktop, you should be able to select IMPORT under the DATA section in Visual Analytics. This will allow you to see file locations on your connected machine. Documentation here https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_013/datahub/n08ysqrqe3rexzn1c5gwo61noixg.htm#n1wwlzb...

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Many of our classes that have Virtual Labs do NOT allow uploading your own data to the Virtual Lab image. It really depends on the title of the class you're taking and on the type of Virtual Lab you're using. The setup may be different if you are using a Partner Demo Center image. However, those images are set up differently than the classroom images. If you have a question about a specific class and Virtual Lab, the best thing to do is to send mail to elearn@sas.com to ask about the class (for our public classes). If this is a partners-only class, then you will need to send mail to the Global Partners team partners@sas.com for more help.
Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation