BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RissaOta
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SAS Viya VA users,

I would like to create an individualized dashboard in SAS Viya VA. Say, someone with user ID RO_01, who works in region A, opens a dashboard, and the dashboard picks up her user ID, find out the region where she works from a database, and display the outcomes of region A in the dashboard.

I can imagine two simpler solutions. Create a filter for her to choose her region. Also I know that we could create a separate dashboard for each region. Ideally we would like to have it automated so that we only maintain one dashboard.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @RissaOta,

here are two posts which deal with geeting the user id, which should be first step to solve your problem:

Identify the logged user - SAS Support Communities

Determine the current user in Visual Analytics - SAS Support Communities

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @RissaOta,

here are two posts which deal with geeting the user id, which should be first step to solve your problem:

Identify the logged user - SAS Support Communities

Determine the current user in Visual Analytics - SAS Support Communities

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
RissaOta
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your reply!
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Documentation for row-level filtering is here: 

Provide Row-Level (Filtered) Access

RissaOta
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your reply! This is what I need it!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation